I just watched Inside Out, and found it quite cathartic. Everyone I know who is suffering from CFS has some kind of childhood trauma, emotional neglect, abandonment or abuse in their past. There are some really great lessons on how emotions, memories and the brain work in this movie, like:
- Why trying to be joyful all the time doesn’t work.
- The importance of sadness in healing painful memories.
- The importance of showing feelings to connect other people to their compassion.
- The value of anger in cutting through problems.
- The remarkable similarity (to ourselves, anyway!) between beliefs and facts.
If everyone knew how to deal with their emotions better, I believe there would be less trauma and suffering for everyone. Well done Disney for making a movie with some really valuable life lessons.